Wednesday, March 6, 2013

One Skiing Girl

Words can't even describe my day today.

If you are an avid skier, or just like to ski, at some point in your life you absolutely need to ski Vail. It is just breathtaking. Besides all of the incredible and amazing scenery around every bend, the trails and conditions are perfect!! I was just not prepared for this amazing mountain. It really isn't a mountain though, it is more like 5 normal ski mountains pushed together and then added perfect blue skies, groomed trails, and the landscape of the Rockies, and you got yourself Vail!

We got on the first lift at 8:30 and skied until 3, which is longer than I normally ski at the mountain I usually ski at! I thought that I would be done around lunch time, but I didn't even want to stop for lunch. The conditions were perfect and I wanted to keep going, but I was starving and French fries at the lodge sounded really good. I think the adrenaline and the fact that I only had one day at the mountain really made me keep going (plus the perfect trails I have already mentioned)!

Before we hit lunch I went to the back bowls and hit some awesome powder!! It was so thick that I could hardly ski and my legs were burning! But I kept going and I was so glad that I did it! I also went over some crazy moguls on the back bowl, but I am getting better at them. So after the back bowls and lunch we hit my favorite cloud nine run, then made our way back to the resort. Since we were in the Blue Sky Basin and our resort was on the other side/complete opposite side of the mountain we decided to make our way back. Good thing we did when head back we did, because it took over an hour to make it back! It was a long tiring ski day but it was my favorite day of the trip and by far the best ski day I have EVER had.

After we dropped off our ski equipment, we put our bathing suits on and jumped in the pool/hot tub, it was much needed!! After relaxing our muscles we put on our robes and sat by the fire pit and relaxed. It was the perfect end to the perfect day :) We had dinner in Vail and came back and hopped right in bed! I am so tired and ready for a good nights sleep. Enjoy all the photos!!

Sara Jo

P.S. Vail tracks how many vertical feet you go throughout the day by scanning your pass (pretty cool). I tracked 20,609 feet!!









No comments:

Post a Comment